Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
For picky kids and chocolate-loving adults - recipe from Cooking Light.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 cup banana, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (I prefer butter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Spread each of 3 bread slices with 1 1/2 tablespoons nutela spread; 1/3 cup banana slices over each bread slice. Top sandwiches with remaining 3 bread slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working with one sandwich at a time, place into milk mixture, turning gently to coat both sides. Carefully place coated sandwiches into pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cut each sandwich into 4 trianges. Sprinkle each evenly with powdered sugar.
Oh wow - who would not love this? Might be good with peanut butter and bananas, too! Made for CQ2015/LBOB
Delicious French toast!!! I scaled this back to serve one for my breakfast. Loved the flavor combination of the banana and Nutella, could also see using strawberries in place of the bananas. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.