- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 cup banana, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (I prefer butter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Spread each of 3 bread slices with 1 1/2 tablespoons nutela spread; 1/3 cup banana slices over each bread slice. Top sandwiches with remaining 3 bread slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working with one sandwich at a time, place into milk mixture, turning gently to coat both sides. Carefully place coated sandwiches into pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cut each sandwich into 4 trianges. Sprinkle each evenly with powdered sugar.