Recipe by Redsie
Adapted from Cupcakes, Cupcakes and More Cupcakes!
Top Review by corelila
These were lovely. A little bit tough, but the taste was wonderful. I used chocolate chips instead of chocolate shavings, and added a teeny bit more nutmeg than was required, but they still turned out great. I'm also using a different frosting recipe because I didn't have any cream cheese or liquor.
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana puree (ripe bananas mashed)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons milk chocolate shavings
- 3⁄4 cup tbsps light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate shavings
- 1 thinly sliced banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Insert liners into medium cupcake pans.
- Prepare cupcakes: in a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl, beating with the mixer's flat beater on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
- Reduce speed to low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Add half the flour mixture (prepared in step 2), banana purée and then remaining flour mixture.
- Finally, add chocolate shavings and stir.
- Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake's center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire for 10 minutes.
- Prepare frosting: in an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for about 2 minutes, untill cheese is soft and smooth. Add powdered sugar and banana liqueur. Continue beating mixture until frosting is smooth.
- With a spatula, spread frosting on each cooled cupcake, garnish with sliced bananas and chocolate shavings.