1/2 Photos of Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Adapted from Cupcakes, Cupcakes and More Cupcakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana puree (ripe bananas mashed)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons milk chocolate shavings
- 3/4 cup tbsps light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate shavings
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F Insert liners into medium cupcake pans.
- 2Prepare cupcakes: in a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 3Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl, beating with the mixer's flat beater on medium speed until mixture is light and airy.
- 4Reduce speed to low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- 5Add half the flour mixture (prepared in step 2), banana purée and then remaining flour mixture.
- 6Finally, add chocolate shavings and stir.
- 7Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake's center comes out clean.
- 9Remove from oven and cool on wire for 10 minutes.
- 10Prepare frosting: in an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for about 2 minutes, untill cheese is soft and smooth. Add powdered sugar and banana liqueur. Continue beating mixture until frosting is smooth.
- 11With a spatula, spread frosting on each cooled cupcake, garnish with sliced bananas and chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.2
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 273.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: