Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Baking is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon and these tasty treats are well worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 200 g good-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 60 ml milk (1/4 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C
- 2Line sixteen 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- 3Use an electric beater to beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until pale and creamy.
- 4Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until just combined.
- 5Add the banana and chocolate and stir until well combined.
- 6Use a large metal spoon to fold in the flour and milk until well combined.
- 7Spoon the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin pans and smooth the surfaces.
- 8Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- 9Chocolate Frosting:.
- 10Place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) and Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- 11Set aside for 30 minutes to cool slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until almost firm.
- 12Use an electric beater to beat the chocolate mixture until pale and fluffy then use a round-bladed knife to spread the cupcakes evenly with frosting.
- 13Sprinkle with chocolate curls and serve.
- 15Australian Good Taste - April 2006 , Page 98.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana & Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 316.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g