Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great gluten-free recipe for dessert (or breakfast)!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, for mixing
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter, for topping
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, for topping
- 2⁄3 cup shredded coconut, for mixing
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for mixing
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for topping
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix (or other gluten-free flour combination with leavening)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Mix 1/4 cup softened butter with the brown sugar until combined. Add the egg, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Add the Baking Mix. Stir in 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2/3 cup of shredded coconut.
- Pour in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine shredded coconut, melted butter, and sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes about 16 bars.
- *Bar cookies may be stored, tightly covered, in the pan in which they were baked.