Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe originally came from The Salvation Army "A Collection of Family Recipes". It's a quick recipe; and easily doubled, can be frozen too. I made it my own by varying it just a little.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (but I substituted banana extract from Watkins Inc.)
- 1 package chocolate chips (I substituted Baker's chocolate chunks)
- 1 cup mashed banana
- Sift dry ingredients together; and in a seperate bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugar, then add the extract, banana, eggs and finally the package of Baker's chocolate.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400*F.