Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This combination of banana and chocolate is a favorite!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, roughly chopped
- In a bowl, cream margarine with the sugar.
- Add the eggs, and beat, then add vanilla and mashed banana and mix well again.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Beat dry mixture into the banana mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool on rack before serving.