Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A not too sweet, quick and easy banana bread laced with delectable semisweet chocolate chunks.
Make and share this Banana Chocolate Chunk Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chunks on the low speed of an electric mixer.
- Stir in chocolate chunks by hand.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar or cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour, checking for 'doneness' at the 50 minute mark.
- Cook's Note: Cover with foil if the edges of the bread start to brown too much before it is cooked all the way through.
I just was looking for a recipe using up my bananas and found this, thanks