Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious variation on my Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9" square baking pan.
- Combine streusel ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and bananas, beat until combined. Stir in milk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, stir into sugar/butter mixture until just combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Sprinkle streusel over top. As you are sprinkling, squeeze some streusel into pebble sized pieces and drop on top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minute until cake is browned and center springs back when touched lightly. Cool on rack 15 minutes before serving.