Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful, moist banana cake. This can also be made in mini loaf cake pans also, they freeze very well. This cake is even better the next day.
Top Review by under12parsecs
Truly a delight! Moist and tender inside with that lovely crisp crust on the outside that is the mark of a truly great banana bread if you ask me. This is a very sweet cake and made a huge loaf that overflowed my pan slightly, so next time I may make a regular loaf and a mini loaf from one batch.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar (or more or less to suit taste)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan OR 3 mini loaf pans.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and the sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and the salt; beat until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking powder and the baking soda in the sour cream, and add to the creamed mixture; mix well until blended.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the banana pulp.
- Gradually, add in the flour mixture, vanilla; mix well with a wooden spoon, until well combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips, and the chopped nuts (if using).
- Transfer the batter into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours (for 9x5" baking pan), or until cake test done.
- For the mini loaf pans, bake for 45-50 minutes, or until they test done.