1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful, moist banana cake. This can also be made in mini loaf cake pans also, they freeze very well. This cake is even better the next day.
My Private Note
9x5 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 2/3 cups sugar (or more or less to suit taste)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2-1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan OR 3 mini loaf pans.
- 3In a bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and the sugar, until light and fluffy.
- 4Add in the eggs and the salt; beat until well mixed.
- 5In a small bowl, dissolve the baking powder and the baking soda in the sour cream, and add to the creamed mixture; mix well until blended.
- 6With a wooden spoon, stir in the banana pulp.
- 7Gradually, add in the flour mixture, vanilla; mix well with a wooden spoon, until well combined.
- 8Add in the chocolate chips, and the chopped nuts (if using).
- 9Transfer the batter into a prepared baking pan.
- 10Bake for 1-1/2 hours (for 9x5" baking pan), or until cake test done.
- 11For the mini loaf pans, bake for 45-50 minutes, or until they test done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Loaf Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5276.6
- Calories from Fat 2012
- Total Fat 223.5 g
- Saturated Fat 132.2 g
- Cholesterol 655.8 mg
- Sodium 4744.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 825.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.9 g
- Sugars 553.8 g
- Protein 54.5 g