Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy!! I make these several times a year, but they are also requested at Christmas!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed to measure 1/2 cup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in banana, egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Beat until well blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Dough will be soft.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store separate from other cookies, the banana flavor will transfer to other cookies.
These were delicious! I made these healthier by using Splenda, whole wheat flour, and sugar-free chocolate chips. All in all they were delicious and made two dozen by using heaping teaspoons. Made for the Dining Daredevils, ZWT5
I'm having a real hard time knowing how to rate these cookies. They were very easy to throw together and the directions are clear and precise, but hubby and I didn't really care for them. My dilemma is that everyone else that tried them loved them, so, it's obviously just a preference problem and not a recipe problem. They produce a very 'bananaey' cake-like cookie, so, if that's what you're looking for, these will be great for you!
This recipe makes soft cake-like cookies. I've made it once as written, and once with the addition of peanut butter. I replaced half of the butter with creamy peanut butter, and about a third of chips were peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips. Both ways are tastier, but given how I feel about peanut butter with banana with chocolate (YUMMY!), I'll probably stick to my variant with peanut butter. My children love "soft cookies with chocolate chips!!!"