Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great spin on oatmeal cookies. These are moist, delicious and a nice way to use up bananas.
Make and share this Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml vegetable shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml mashed banana
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 473.18 ml quick oats
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix shortening, sugar, egg and bananas well. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
i had two over-ripe bananas lying around and was looking for just such a recipe. these cookies taste great - but i might bake them in tiny muffin cups next time because they had a cakey rather than chewy consistency. nevertheless, i loved them. thanks danzbaby :)
Look no further great way to use ripe bananas! Great cookie! Used 1/2 cup margarine, 1/4 cup shortening