Recipe by LoLosHouse
Yummy banana chocolate chip cookies with added fiber from oatmeal and whole wheat flour. I reduced the fat and sugars using applesauce and Splenda!
Top Review by JDeMarois
These are awesome! Made as written, using SmartBalance for the margarine. Delicious, soft and easy cookies. The wheat flour was a nice alternative to white flour and the Splenda and applesauce for regular sugar, came out with great flavor from the banana too. They do not spread out when baking so okay to place them close together on the cookie sheet. I didn't have to adjust cooking time/temp or any ingredients. Mine may have been smaller but this made about 40 cookies for me. Will be making these again soon! Thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 egg whites
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend margarine, brown sugar, Splenda and applesauce.
- Add egg whites, vanilla and banana and blend throughly.
- Combine flours, baking soda and salt; blend into wet mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.