Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy banana chocolate chip cookies with added fiber from oatmeal and whole wheat flour. I reduced the fat and sugars using applesauce and Splenda!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend margarine, brown sugar, Splenda and applesauce.
- Add egg whites, vanilla and banana and blend throughly.
- Combine flours, baking soda and salt; blend into wet mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
These are awesome! Made as written, using SmartBalance for the margarine. Delicious, soft and easy cookies. The wheat flour was a nice alternative to white flour and the Splenda and applesauce for regular sugar, came out with great flavor from the banana too. They do not spread out when baking so okay to place them close together on the cookie sheet. I didn't have to adjust cooking time/temp or any ingredients. Mine may have been smaller but this made about 40 cookies for me. Will be making these again soon! Thanks for the recipe.
A very soft, moist cookie. I did make changes, though. Used whole wheat pastry flour for the white flour, 1/3 cup mini choc chips, 1/2 cup oats & 1 1/2 mashed bananas. Delicious & low calorie; thank you for sharing.