- 1 cup mashed extra ripe banana
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well bananas, sugar and eggs. Stir in melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and buttermilk and add to banana mixture. Stir with fork just enough to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon into well greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling almost full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24 to 26 minutes or until golden and a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let muffins stand 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool.