Recipe by LizCl
Easy to make, moist and delicious, and a great way to use up ripe bananas. Frost with a chocolate frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) pkge. yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas and beat on low speed for 30 seconds, until combined.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 33-38 minutes.
- Cool, frost.