Recipe by Marie
A delicious banana bread made even more yummier with the addition of chocolate chips and walnuts.
Top Review by HoserLauren
I left the nuts out and added a sprinkling of chocolate chips to the top of the loaf. It came out great! Quite delicious! I would probably cook about 5 minutes less next time so that the top and sides aren't as brown.
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, then add egg.
- In another bowl, combine bananas and milk.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake at 350° for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool on a wire rack.