Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A crunchy banana bread taste in this cookie. Very good and easy to make. The kitchen smells great while baking.
- 414.03 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml mashed banana (about 1 large banana)
- 14.79 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml toasted chopped pecans
- 78.07 ml mini chocolate chip
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Pour banana mixture into dry mixture along with nuts and chocolate chips, stir together.
- Flour a working area and turn dough out onto it. Flour hands as dough is sticky. Form two 7 inch loaves about 2 inches wide.
- Put loaves on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn temperature down to 250 degrees.
- Remove loaves from cookie sheet and let cool 10 minutes.
- Cut loaves into 3/4 inch slices, return slices to cookie sheet.
- Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.
Yum Yum. Hubby was sneaking bites before they were done. The dough is VERY sticky! I didn't know if I should knead much flour in, so kinda flopped the loaves on the cookie sheets. I didn't make them as crunchy as regular biscotti (preference), and also skipped the nuts (allergies)... but this will certainly be a banana-user-upper often in our house! Thanks!