1/1 Photo of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan)
I'll just say it...these are amazing. Make them immediately
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup earth balance vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (medium-large size)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan, set aside.
- 2Mix lemon juice and soy milk in small bowl and set aside.
- 3Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl (flours, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon), set aside.
- 4In another bowl add butter, sugars, mashed banana and mix with an electric mixer on low speed for about a minute or two. Next whisk in the soy milk/lemon, and vanilla. Whisk together until mixed.
- 5Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined (you don't want to over mix). Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 6Note: my favorite way to make these is to use a combo of semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips. And these are also good with walnuts.
- 7Nutrition Info (1 muffin): 219 calories, 8g fat, 2g fiber, 2.5g protein.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: