Recipe by KDub
A very yummy vegan muffin. I cut the amount of chocolate chips in half or omit them completely if I am making these for breakfast as I find chocolate too sweet first thing in the morning.
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine bananas, applesauce, sugar and oil in large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together flours, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter in lined or greased muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.