Recipe by Redsie
Kids will ask for more! If you love the mix of banana and chocolate you will love these light muffins! A R. Reisman recipe. I have made this recipe both with plain yogurt and sour cream and they always turn out great.
- 3⁄4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1-1/2 medium bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until well mixed.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; stir flour mixture into banana mixture.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.