Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is very versatile because it can be made in the form of muffins, bread or CAKE! If you like, you can add a bit less sugar and leave out the chocolate chips and make it more appropriate for breakfast/brunch. Walnut are are great addition, but are by no means necessary. I think these are amazing just as they are. From: Joy of Vegan Baking! Please note: Cook time for MUFFINS is stated below. If baking as a "bread" or cake it should probably bake for 40-45 minutes
- Prehaet oven to 350 degrees.
- Line you muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the sgar and oil together.
- Then add mashed bananas.
- Stir in water and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture and the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin tin with about 2 full TBSP of the batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- *mine took exactly 25 minutes to be perfect!
so good!!! came out moist and yummy. kids loved them
My muffins turned out absolutely delish! They are sooo good that I ate three:-)
I made this for my husband and his friend and everyone gobbled them up, so I had to make a double batch the second time. I actually only used 3 bananas the first time and 6 the second and 25 mins seems to be the perfect amount of time.