Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a well-loved recipe my Dad got from a cookbook that was put together by parents of students at a special-needs school he did maintenance at. He's tweaked it over the years and I think it's just about perfect!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, bananas and vegetable oil.
- In a seperate bowl, combine baking powder, flour (can use white or whole wheat flour, both work well), baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry, mix well.
- Fill greased muffin tins (or paper liners) 2/3 - 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.