Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From King Arthur Website. Love the addition of cinnamon chips!!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till they're smooth. Beat in the egg, flavoring, banana and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, then gently stir them into the butter mixture.
- Spoon the batter into 18 regular-sized lightly greased muffin cups. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, and after 10 minutes turn them out of the pan to cool.
These muffins were awesome! They were a bit complicated,but it was definitely worth the work.
I didn't put any walnuts in,because I don't like walnuts.I will definitey make them again! Thanks for the recipe!
This recipe was good, my husband liked it alot, and noted that it wasn't overly moist. The cinnamon chips does add a special touch. These muffins baked longer than stated, more like 30 minutes. Made this for photo tag game, thanks for sharing Redsie!