Recipe by Marz
I know there a re a ton of these recipes out there, but this one that I tried from a brand name recipe book, is actually pretty good, and deserves to be tried at least once. The brown sugar gives the muffin a new spin!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- puree bananas in blender or mini-food processor; measure 1 cup for recipe. Beat bananas, sugar, eggs butter and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Add banana mixture. Stir until blended. Spoon into greased 2 1/2 inch muffin pans (or right into muffin liners).
- Bake 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centers come out clean.