Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a wonderful sweet loaf and a great way to use up those brown mushy bananas. From Canadian Living. Can be frozen for up to 2 weeks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups bananas, 2-3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; add chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, milk and eggs; pour over flour mixture and stir just until blended. Spread in greased 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of oven at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.
Worst recipe ever. Bread tasteless, no sweetness at all. I wonder if the 1/4 c sugar is a mistake. Every other recipe I looked at called for at least 1 cup. Would never make this again, and have to throw the one I did make away.
If you follow the recipe as it's written it's very disappointing. I made it exactly as it's posted. It turned out so bland that I ate the chocolate chips out of my slice and threw the rest away. My 8 year old and 10 year old were not impressed either. The only reason this is a 5 star recipe is because of people making changes to the recipe and then rating it based on their changes. I wouldn't make this again.
This is a great banana bread recipe! Did a few little tweaks - I buttered the loaf pan then sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar (a tip I picked up years ago-it adds a little somethin', somethin' to the outside crust). Sifted the flour ingredients together, then added 1/3 cup chopped walnuts and 2/3 cup of dark chocolate chips. Added 1 tsp vanilla to wet ingredients. **NOTE: I had to use 4 bananas to get 2 cups** Sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on top before putting in oven. Was done around 55 mins. in our oven. Bread had good crumb inside and had nice crunch to outside. Tasted yummy with a good cup of coffee. Will make again for sure!