Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a wonderful sweet loaf and a great way to use up those brown mushy bananas. From Canadian Living. Can be frozen for up to 2 weeks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups bananas, 2-3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; add chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, milk and eggs; pour over flour mixture and stir just until blended. Spread in greased 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of oven at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.
Worst recipe ever. Bread tasteless, no sweetness at all. I wonder if the 1/4 c sugar is a mistake. Every other recipe I looked at called for at least 1 cup. Would never make this again, and have to throw the one I did make away.
If you follow the recipe as it's written it's very disappointing. I made it exactly as it's posted. It turned out so bland that I ate the chocolate chips out of my slice and threw the rest away. My 8 year old and 10 year old were not impressed either. The only reason this is a 5 star recipe is because of people making changes to the recipe and then rating it based on their changes. I wouldn't make this again.
Ok this recipe is a great base to create from. I used it with a gluten free flour mix added 2T cinnamon, 1/8 tsp clove, 1/4 tsp-1/2 salt, 1/4 tsp ginger and walnuts along with choc chips. My kid and hubby and visitors all raved at how great it was. Especially gluten free. I just made it again. It is five stars with the alterations.