Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a wonderful sweet loaf and a great way to use up those brown mushy bananas. From Canadian Living. Can be frozen for up to 2 weeks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups bananas, 2-3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; add chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, milk and eggs; pour over flour mixture and stir just until blended. Spread in greased 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of oven at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.
Ok this recipe is a great base to create from. I used it with a gluten free flour mix added 2T cinnamon, 1/8 tsp clove, 1/4 tsp-1/2 salt, 1/4 tsp ginger and walnuts along with choc chips. My kid and hubby and visitors all raved at how great it was. Especially gluten free. I just made it again. It is five stars with the alterations.
Worst recipe ever. Bread tasteless, no sweetness at all. I wonder if the 1/4 c sugar is a mistake. Every other recipe I looked at called for at least 1 cup. Would never make this again, and have to throw the one I did make away.
This is a great banana bread recipe! Did a few little tweaks - I buttered the loaf pan then sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar (a tip I picked up years ago-it adds a little somethin', somethin' to the outside crust). Sifted the flour ingredients together, then added 1/3 cup chopped walnuts and 2/3 cup of dark chocolate chips. Added 1 tsp vanilla to wet ingredients. **NOTE: I had to use 4 bananas to get 2 cups** Sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on top before putting in oven. Was done around 55 mins. in our oven. Bread had good crumb inside and had nice crunch to outside. Tasted yummy with a good cup of coffee. Will make again for sure!