Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a nice way to use up overripe bananas and have a fairly healthy treat ready for the kids. It has no sugar & is low fat. Diabetics should substitute carob for the chocolate buttons. Keeps for about 1 week. (Cooking time is freezing time)
Top Review by AshK
My son was beside himself waiting for this to freeze. We really enjoyed the banana and chocolate flavor. The maple really sets the whole thing off. I thought it was a little icy, sort of a sorbet more than an ice cream consistancy. Still it was EXCELLENT! I am thinking about adding some rum and making an "adult" shake out of some here in a bit! yum!
- 250 ml low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx 3 medium size)
- 125 ml low-fat yogurt
- 60 ml low-fat milk
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 50 g chocolate, buttons chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour evaporated milk into a loaf pan, cover with foil & freeze until just firm.
- Process evaporated milk, bananas, yoghurt, milk maple syrup & essence until thick & creamy.
- Pour mixture into a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan, cover & freeze until just firm.
- Repeat processing, stir in chocolate or carob, cover & freeze until firm.