1/2 Photos of Banana-Chocolate Chip * Daylight-In-The-Swamp* Breakfast Muffins
Over-ripe bananas lend flavor and moisture to these lovely breakfast muffins while the mini-chocolate chips sprinkled across the top entice the most bleary-eyed slow-poke into fully waking up! Assemble dry ingredients the night before, to speed up the process in the morning. *My dad used to wake my five brothers and me up by hollering up the stairs every morning, "Daylight in the swamp!" OR "The swampsoggins are out!"....we never did see a swampsoggin!!!*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400; grease or paper 12 standard size muffin/cupcake cups.
- 2Melt butter in a small mixing bowl, set aside to cool.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, measure & mix flour, sugar, baking powder & soda, and salt; add first half-cup of chocolate chips; make well in center; set aside.
- 4In butter bowl, break & lightly beat the eggs, milk and bananas.
- 5Pour egg-banana mixture into dry ingredients; stir with fork just until moistened (loosen flour from the bottom of the bowl)--batter will be a bit lumpy.
- 6Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3's full; sprinkle with remaining half-cup of chocolate chips.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes until golden-brown and a wooden pick comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven, cool in pan for 5 minutes, remove from pan to serving plate.
- 9Serve with whipped honey, butter, raspberry jam or just eat 'em plain!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Chocolate Chip * Daylight-In-The-Swamp* Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g