Recipe by Robyn Jessica
A delicious and healthy sweet treat
Top Review by Mz3
My sister was craving for banana chocolate cupcakes. Found this and decided to try it out. Long story short it came out great. I didn't make any changes.. followed the recipe as is. Both the cupcake and frosting was excellent to my taste :) My sister and both of my kids loved it.
for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas (slice, then mash with a fork)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
for Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- for Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard (6 cup) muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, melted butter (you can microwave it), vanilla and banana mash.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir ONLY until you can no longer see the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter into the 12 cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 25 minutes (you'll know they're done if an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove cupcakes from tins and let cool for about 1 hour, preferably on a wire rack.
- for Buttercream Frosting:.
- Dice the butter.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together all ingredients until the mixture looks and feels like frosting, about 3 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with additional banana slices, chocolate chips or coconut flakes.