Use a very ripe banana; cookies are better the second day.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml rolled oats (not quick-cooking oats)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.32 ml cool unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 59.14 ml vegetable shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 1 medium very ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml chocolate chips (bittersweet or semisweet)
- 1Position rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt until combined; set aside.
- 3Grease a baking sheet with butter; set aside.
- 4In a big bowl, beat the butter and shortening, using an electric mixer on medium speed, until softened and of a uniform color, about 1 minute.
- 5Beat in both sugars until fluffy but still a little grainy, about 1 minute.
- 6Beat in the mashed banana and vanilla; remove beaters.
- 7Stir in flour mixture using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until a soft, wet dough forms.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips, just until evenly distributed.
- 9Drop high, rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough onto prepared sheet, spacing mounds about 1 ½ inches apart.
- 10Bake for about 12 minutes, until bumpy and lightly browned.
- 11For best results, rotate the baking sheet back to front halfway through the baking process.
- 12Cool cookies for 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- 13Cool the baking sheet for 5 minutes before making additional cookies.
- 14*Banana Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies—decrease the chocolate chips to 1 ½ cups; stir in 1 ½ cups dried cherries with the chips; proceed as directed.
- 15*Banana Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies—substitute 1 ½ cups chopped unsalted macadamia nuts and 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips; proceed as directed.
- 16*Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies—decrease chocolate chips to 1 ½ cups; add 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans with the chips; proceed as directed.
- 17*Banana White Chocolate Chip Cookies—substitute 3 cups white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips; proceed as directed.
- 18*Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies—substitute rum extract for the vanilla extract; decrease the chocolate chips to 1 ½ cups; add 1 cup chopped dried pineapple and ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut with the chips; proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1519.6
- Calories from Fat 675
- Total Fat 75.0 g
- Saturated Fat 40.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 635.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 149.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g