Recipe by 926904
Egg free and dairy free. Vegan if you use vegan chocolate chips. Packed with bananas, you get some fiber from the spelt flour, and there's not too much sugar, so it's pretty good for you! Some chopped walnuts would also make a nice addition, I think. All oz measurements are by weight on my food scale, including the vegetable oil.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces spelt flour
- 7 1⁄2 ounces white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vegetable oil
- 7 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and oil, then add bananas. Add water and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- 3. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, stirring just until wet. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.