Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Husband's "Must-Have" Birthday Cake from mom-in-law. We make it nut-free due to allergies. Delicious!
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, cut in 1/4 chunks
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 large bananas (very ripe)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml plain yogurt or 177.44 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- Process butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla for 2 minutes, scraping down bowl once or twice.
- While machine is running, drop chunks of bananas through the feed tube. Process until blended ( I mash my bananas before hand).
- Meanwhile, dissolve baking soda in yoghurt or sour cream. Let is stand for l to two minutes Yoghurt will nearly double in size, so use a 2 Celsius measuring cup.
- Add to batter and process for 3 seconds.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Process with 4 quick on/off turns, just until flour mixture disappears.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bake in 2 greased and floured 8 inches pans for 25-30 minutes at 350°F
- (I also use waxed paper on the bottom of the pans - just cut a circle for the bottom - it makes it easier to take the cake out ) or until cake tester come out clean.
- Cool for 10 minute
- Remove from pan.
- Cool before icing.
- Butter Icing.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- dash of salt.
- 2 cups icing sugar.
- 2-3 tablespoons hot milk or cream.
- 1 teaspoons vanilla.
- 2/3 cup cocoa plus 4 more tablespoons butter.
- Combine all ingred. and process until smooth and blended Ice the cool cakes.
Wonderful cake! And so easy using my food processor. Made it exactly as directed. Made for Pick A Chef Fall 2008