1/1 Photo of Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
Jaël P.'s Note:
Husband's "Must-Have" Birthday Cake from mom-in-law. We make it nut-free due to allergies. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla for 2 minutes, scraping down bowl once or twice.
- 2While machine is running, drop chunks of bananas through the feed tube. Process until blended ( I mash my bananas before hand).
- 3Meanwhile, dissolve baking soda in yoghurt or sour cream. Let is stand for l to two minutes Yoghurt will nearly double in size, so use a 2 Celsius measuring cup.
- 4Add to batter and process for 3 seconds.
- 5Add flour and baking powder.
- 6Process with 4 quick on/off turns, just until flour mixture disappears.
- 7Add remaining ingredients.
- 8Bake in 2 greased and floured 8 inches pans for 25-30 minutes at 350°F
- 9(I also use waxed paper on the bottom of the pans - just cut a circle for the bottom - it makes it easier to take the cake out ) or until cake tester come out clean.
- 10Cool for 10 minute
- 11Remove from pan.
- 12Cool before icing.
- 13Butter Icing.
- 151/4 cup butter.
- 16dash of salt.
- 172 cups icing sugar.
- 182-3 tablespoons hot milk or cream.
- 191 teaspoons vanilla.
- 202/3 cup cocoa plus 4 more tablespoons butter.
- 21Combine all ingred. and process until smooth and blended Ice the cool cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g