Recipe by Redsie
Tastes like a chocolate-dipped banana! From "The Brownie Experience".
Top Review by Anonymous
Tasted great! They were more cake like rather than fishy though. Glad I used extra banana or I think it may have been dry. I used a 13x9 pan and followed the recipe but took everything 1 1/2 times to make up for the add'l pan space. Used 3 medium organic bananas. Took them out about 10 minutes early.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 small very ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Butter a 9 inch square pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aide.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Immediately remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Blend in vanilla. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and cool slightly. With wire whisk, beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in mashed banana, then flour mixture. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread in pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Lightly sift powdered sugar over top before cutting into bars.