Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tastes like a chocolate-dipped banana! From "The Brownie Experience".
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 small very ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F Butter a 9 inch square pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aide.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Immediately remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Blend in vanilla. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and cool slightly. With wire whisk, beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in mashed banana, then flour mixture. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread in pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Lightly sift powdered sugar over top before cutting into bars.
Tasted great! They were more cake like rather than fishy though. Glad I used extra banana or I think it may have been dry. I used a 13x9 pan and followed the recipe but took everything 1 1/2 times to make up for the add'l pan space. Used 3 medium organic bananas. Took them out about 10 minutes early.
I did not care for these at all. I undercooked the brownies by 5 minutes as anmother reviewer suggested, to make them a bit more fudgier, but they weren't fudgey at all. At first bite they were good, but a few hours later, thet became dry, and the next day they were really dry and crumbly. Also, the taste of the banana hardly came through. Perhaps 2 bananas added, would of made the browines more moist and the taste of the banana would of came through. Sorry, but I was disappointed with this recipe, but I'm glad to see others enjoyed the brownies!
these are great! Followed the recipe exactly - but use a "heavy hand" with chocolate chips - so it was a heaping cup full at first and then stir in a heaping 1/2 cup. I like to undercook my brownies to make them fudgier - so I took them out after 40 minutes at 325 degrees - perfect!