1/2 Photos of Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding (Vegan)
Easy, creamy, chocolatey!! Recipe from Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cubed stale bread (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 -2 1/4 cups rice milk or 2 -2 1/4 cups almond milk or 2 -2 1/4 cups soymilk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot or 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with softened margarine. Place cubed bread in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together ½ cup soy milk and the arrowroot powder till no lumps remain. Add 1½ cups soy milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- 3Pour over cubed bread and stir to coat every piece. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes for liquid to soak into bread. Depending on what kind of bread you use and how stale it is, add more soy milk (¼ cup at a time) and allow more soaking time till every piece of bread is saturated and there’s a little bit of extra liquid. Mixture should look mushy and wet.
- 4Fold in chocolate chips and bananas (using hands is the easiest for this), mashing up a little bit of the bananas.
- 5Pour mixture into loaf pan, patting down to make an even top.
- 6Bake 28-35 minutes till top is puffed, slightly browned and feels firm. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Also pudding can be scooped with an ice cream scoop when slightly cooled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: