Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
Make and share this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread ( Breadmaker 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding mashed bananas with milk, and semisweet chocolate pieces with flour.
- Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color setting.
I’m not 100% sure about this one. I didn’t find chocolate chips throughout the bread, it all melted together. I’m not sure if that was supposed to happen or not, but it made the bread a nice color! The banana flavor is almost nonexistent in this. I think if this was made with one or two more bananas it might have tasted better. I would FOR SURE add sugar to this. I think it lacks sweetness and flavor, but it does have potential. When I eat the bread, I toast it, add butter and then sprinkle sugar over the top of the slice to get some good flavor. Thanks for posting this. I might try it again and see if I get different results.
I have made this twice. I had better luck when I substituted 1 c whole wheat flour, added 2 T of sugar, and left out the chocolate chips. This made a hearty, slightly sweet bread good for everyday eating and sandwiches.
im going to try this one but along with mashed bananas im going to add a teaspoon of banana extract for flavor and2tablespoons of sugar for the sweeter tast i9ll let u know the results