Recipe by Mary Jenny
The warmer months are all about celebrating and spending time with friends and family. Try your hand at baking something special for loved ones the next time you entertain guests or bring a hostess gift.
- 1 1⁄3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Generously butter a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- Put sugar and butter into the Cuisinart Stand Mixer mixing bowl. Attach the flat mixing paddle and mix on speed 2 until creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the entire bowl.
- Continuing on speed 2, add eggs, one at a time, and mix until each is incorporated. Scrape the entire bowl. Add vanilla extract and then banana and continue to mix until banana is well combined, about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape the bowl well and add chocolate chips and mix to fold. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until deep golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cool to touch; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.