Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Use very ripe bananas keep this quick bread sweet and moist. I always have bananas floating in my freezer, so less work mashing up the bananas.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed (or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 - 71/2" x 3-3/4 loaf pans ~ or ~ 1 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture.
- Fold in mashed bananas, chocolate chips and flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes (or approximately 70 minutes using the 9 x 5 loaf pan). Cool loaves in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.