This cake is baked in a 13 x 9-inch pan, there is enough delicious icing to cover the cake completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups cake flour or 4 cups pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder (yes 5 teaspoons!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to center position).
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, then line bottom with parchment or waxed paper.
- 3In a small bowl beat bananas with sour cream until smooth.
- 4Beat in eggs, orange zest and vanilla until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- 5In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, 5 teaspoons baking powder, baking soda and salt; add in the soft butter and HALF of the banana/sour cream mixture; beat until smooth.
- 6Using a wooden spoon add in the remaining banana mixture then the chocolate chips.
- 7Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- 8Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- 9Let cook in the pan for about 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the cake.
- 10Invert onto a rack, then peel off the paper.
- 11Invert to another rack to cool completely.
- 12In a large bowl combine all the icing ingredients; beat until smooth adding in more icing sugar if needed to create desired texture.
- 13Spread on cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Birthday Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.5
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 209.0 mg
- Sodium 845.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 101.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g