Recipe by DiGiggle
I wanted another way to use ripe bananas and a friend came to the rescue with this recipe years ago. It has become a HUGE hit with our family. They are moist and yummy and are especially good with a glass of cold milk. They don't last long around our house! Enjoy!
Top Review by Holly in IL
Had ripe bananas and chips and a party to go to. My only complaint was that the bars crumbled a bit on the bottom and I did not overbake them since I like my baked goods moist. Not sure if dusting with flour would help, but I will make this recipe again and try dusting the pan with flour.
- 3⁄4 cup softened margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in banana.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and add to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in 15-1/2 x 10 x 1 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.