- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds, plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 small ripe bananas, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, nuts, oats, almonds, baking soda and salt.
- Beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and beat until well combined. Press half of mixture into 8-inch-square baking pan coated with vegetable spray. Bake in 350 oven 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
- Dice bananas (1-1/2 cups). Combine with chocolate chips and orange peel. Spread over cooked crust. Top with remaining flour mixture. Press lightly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden.