Recipe by Kaglis
I changed a few things in a recipe I found on Cooks.com. There are several variations I would like to try, but this is the one I already made! It was a big hit in my house, and I hardly got to eat any myself! one other option is to add 2/3 cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed the original recipe is baked in 10 1/2 in by 15 1/2 in pan, which will be less fluffy
Top Review by Mrs. Hughes
These were quite good. I used Splenda instead of granulated sugar, and 1 cup of wheat flour and 1 cup of regular flour instead of 2 cups of the regular flour. If you like bananas and chocolate, this is a good one.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium, over-ripe)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Blend in banana, then flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Spread evenly in greased and floured pan (I used 9x9 for fluffier bars).
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Test with toothpick.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars.