Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I changed a few things in a recipe I found on Cooks.com. There are several variations I would like to try, but this is the one I already made! It was a big hit in my house, and I hardly got to eat any myself! one other option is to add 2/3 cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed the original recipe is baked in 10 1/2 in by 15 1/2 in pan, which will be less fluffy
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium, over-ripe)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Blend in banana, then flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Spread evenly in greased and floured pan (I used 9x9 for fluffier bars).
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Test with toothpick.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
These were quite good. I used Splenda instead of granulated sugar, and 1 cup of wheat flour and 1 cup of regular flour instead of 2 cups of the regular flour. If you like bananas and chocolate, this is a good one.
Fantastic recipe! The banana gives the bars a nice, creamy texture and sweetness and everything came together very quickly in my Kitchenaid mixer. I did modify the recipe slightly in order to make it a little healthier. I used 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour. I cut the butter in half and substituted it with a small plastic container of applesauce. I also cut down the chocolate/butterscotch chips to about 3 oz. each and added 2 tbs of chia seeds. Thank you so much for posting, I will definitely make this again!
FANTASTIC!! It's only been out of the oven about an hour and half of it has gone already!! I have never seen butterscotch or peanut butter chips here in New ealand, so I just used some extra chocolate chips and the bars are divine! Will definitiely be making these again soon :)