Recipe by Stardustannie
A light n tasty muffin...great addition to the kids lunchbox. Recipe Source - Fresh Living Magazine
Top Review by djmastermum
These were great. Crunchy on top and soft and moist in the centre. Banana and chocolate always make a great combination. We did not find them too chocolatey in the slightest. Recipenapped and reviewed from the Zaar Recipeswap # 16.
- 60 g butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a medium muffin tray (12 sections) with paper cases. Melt butter in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk, lightly beat milk, eggs and butter in a jug. Add to dry ingredients, along with mashed banana. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix ingredients until just combined. Stir in choc bits. Don't beat the mixture or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm on top when lightly touched. Leave in the tray for 3 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool.