Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light n tasty muffin...great addition to the kids lunchbox. Recipe Source - Fresh Living Magazine
- 60 g butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a medium muffin tray (12 sections) with paper cases. Melt butter in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Using a whisk, lightly beat milk, eggs and butter in a jug. Add to dry ingredients, along with mashed banana. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix ingredients until just combined. Stir in choc bits. Don't beat the mixture or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm on top when lightly touched. Leave in the tray for 3 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool.
These were great. Crunchy on top and soft and moist in the centre. Banana and chocolate always make a great combination. We did not find them too chocolatey in the slightest. Recipenapped and reviewed from the Zaar Recipeswap # 16.
Amazing! Best muffin recipe I've found in years!
These were good, but they were too chocolatey. I couldn't even taste the banana. I think if only half a cup of chocolate pieces were used instead of one cup, this would have been better, as the chocolate taste probably wouldn't have completely over run the banana. They were still good, just couldn't taste the banana which was a little dissapointing.