adopt a greyhound's Note:
Three favorites--banana, peanut butter and chocolate-- combine for a heavenly treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- 2Lightly grease a ten inch diameter in the center of a baking sheet, or I use a Nordic scone pan.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together the flour, BP, soda, and salt. Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes and using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until it resembles course crumbs.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together the banana, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- 5Add this mixture to the flour mixture in the large bowl. Stir to combine.
- 6Stir in the chips. The dough will be sticky.
- 7Put dough into 8 1/2 inch diameter circle in the center of the prepared baking sheet, or spoon evenly into the scone pan.
- 8With a serrated knife, but into 8 wedges. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until lightly brown or a toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean.
- 9Remove the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Recut into wedges. Using a spatula, transfer scones to the wire rack to cool. If using a scone pan, remove from the pan and cool on the wire rack. Serve warm, or cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 302.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g