Recipe by adopt a greyhound
Three favorites--banana, peanut butter and chocolate-- combine for a heavenly treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup banana, thawed and mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Lightly grease a ten inch diameter in the center of a baking sheet, or I use a Nordic scone pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, BP, soda, and salt. Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes and using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until it resembles course crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together the banana, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture in the large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the chips. The dough will be sticky.
- Put dough into 8 1/2 inch diameter circle in the center of the prepared baking sheet, or spoon evenly into the scone pan.
- With a serrated knife, but into 8 wedges. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until lightly brown or a toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean.
- Remove the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Recut into wedges. Using a spatula, transfer scones to the wire rack to cool. If using a scone pan, remove from the pan and cool on the wire rack. Serve warm, or cool completely and store in an airtight container.