Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
The banana flavor is light. since these do not have eggs they maybe okay for those on special diets.
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheet with baking parchment or grease well.
- Cream butter sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add lemon rind, juice and banana.
- Beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into dough gradually, stir till just mixed.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon full on cookie sheet.
- bake 11 to 13 minutes untill lightly browned.
- will be a bit darker on the edge.
- Let stand 5 minutes after taking from oven.
- then remove from cookie sheet with spatula.
These cookies were fast and easy to make. I've been snacking on them all day! I didn't have fresh lemon, so I made them without the lemon rind, but added lemon juice. I also left out the nuts. One thing I liked about this recipe was the small amount of banana needed. I usually have one banana, and it's not enough for bread!