Recipe by angelfan
The banana flavor is light. since these do not have eggs they maybe okay for those on special diets.
Top Review by JRiggs
These cookies were fast and easy to make. I've been snacking on them all day! I didn't have fresh lemon, so I made them without the lemon rind, but added lemon juice. I also left out the nuts. One thing I liked about this recipe was the small amount of banana needed. I usually have one banana, and it's not enough for bread!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mashed ripe banana (1/2 a large banana)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheet with baking parchment or grease well.
- Cream butter sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add lemon rind, juice and banana.
- Beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into dough gradually, stir till just mixed.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon full on cookie sheet.
- bake 11 to 13 minutes untill lightly browned.
- will be a bit darker on the edge.
- Let stand 5 minutes after taking from oven.
- then remove from cookie sheet with spatula.