Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great taste, better for your waist!
Make and share this Banana Chip Bread (Lower Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted or 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a loaf pan with Pam.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix the bananas, butter or oil, applesauce, and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs; mix.
- Add the flour; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into loaf pan, and bake 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Just perfect. I've made a good chunk of the high-rated banana bread recipes on Recipezaar already, but I wanted to find something lower-fat to make use of the three bananas I had laying around. This bread was so moist with an intense banana flavor. For the amount of fat, it tastes just as good as the other recipes around. I made it as is, with the addition of a tablespoon of cinnamon and a 1/2 tsp. of vanilla. Kept it in the oven for an hour. Definitely a keeper!
Yummy!!! This is a great banana bread, nice and moist!!! I used whole wheat flour, melted coconut oil, and only 1/2 cup of sugar. It took exactly 50 minutes and came out looking perfect. I love the chocolate chips, nice addition. And much healthier than my old recipe, this is my new favorite banana bread. Thanks for posting!!!!