Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super easy and absolutely delicious. These bars never last longer than a few hours at our house.
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour (I prefer whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
Great way to use extra ripe bananas! The only thing I did differently is to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. I know that some chocolate chip cookie bars can be dry and crumbly, but these are very moist bars (a little sticky, actually, so I'm keeping them in the refrigerator -- even though they won't last more than a day or two)!
Mmmm good!! Made as is!! Treat for my office workers that they loved! Thanks!
This is the sort of recipe that needs more than five stars. Fantastic, moist, tasty. I only put in half the choc chips as they are hugely expensive here, and didn't have whole wheat flour and it is perfect for us. Thanks to Sallyanne for a great recipe, one I know will be used regularly, and to Parsley for suggesting it!