Recipe by Sallyanne
Super easy and absolutely delicious. These bars never last longer than a few hours at our house.
Top Review by Musical Joy
Great way to use extra ripe bananas! The only thing I did differently is to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. I know that some chocolate chip cookie bars can be dry and crumbly, but these are very moist bars (a little sticky, actually, so I'm keeping them in the refrigerator -- even though they won't last more than a day or two)!
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour (I prefer whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars.