Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is light, airy and delicately textured. This recipe is from my grandmom's recipe box and is cut from a cardboard box...don't know from what product though...no brand names mentioned :)
Top Review by Evie*
Nice light banana cake, the tin I used wasnt big enough for all the mixture so I used a round tin for the leftover mix and got 2 cakes! I served with sliced bananas and a dollop of whipped cream. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup egg yolk (6 to 8)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup egg white (6 to 8)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add oil, egg yolks, bananas and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until stiff peaks form, do not underbeat.
- Gradually and gently fold banana mixture into stiff whites until just blended, do not stir!
- Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan and bake 40- 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean and dry.
- When cake is completely cool, remove from pan.